Request for Proposals (RFP) for Pension Plan Professional Services
Related Documents: Act 44 Request for Proposal, Act 44 Disclosure Form for Entities
Notice is hereby given that Muhlenberg Township is seeking proposals for Investment Management Professional Services. Written proposals, in accordance with the specifications and procedures identified in the RFP available online from the Township of Muhlenberg will be received at the following address: Brian D. Harris. 210 George Street, Reading, PA 19605. Proposals must be received no later than January 31, 2020.
Services for which Proposals are Sought: Investment management of the Uniform Pension Plan and Non-Uniform Pension Plan
Specifications Relating to the Services: Firms submitting proposals shall demonstrate knowledge of and experience with the investment management of municipal pension plans, and experience and expertise in performing the work involved in the RFP.
Procedures to Compete for the Contracts: Applicants shall complete proposals in accordance with the RFP available at www.muhlenbergtwp.com and submit proposal to Muhlenberg Township by January 31, 2020 at 2:00pm. After verification by the Township that the proposals are complete, Muhlenberg Township will evaluate and interview the qualifications and experience of each firm submitting a proposal and will select the most qualified firm.
Required Disclosures: All disclosures required under Act 44 of 2009, including, but not limited to, disclosure by each person, including subcontractors who will be providing services to the Township of Muhlenberg of the following:
- a description of the responsibilities of each person providing services under the contract;
- whether the individual is now or was a Muhlenberg Township official or employee;
- whether each individual was employed or compensated by a third-party to communicate with a Muhlenberg Township official or employee;
- contributions in the past five years of at least $500 made to Muhlenberg Township officials;
- whether a former Muhlenberg Township employee has participated in the submission, review or negotiation of the proposal;
- gifts to any Muhlenberg Township official or employee; the existence of any financial, commercial, or business relationship with a Muhlenberg Township official;
- the retention of any third-party intermediary, agent or lobbyist and his or her duties; and
- whether there has been any communication with the Township following the publication of this ad.
See Disclosure form in the RFP for additional details.