- You are here:
- Trash & Recycling
- Medication Disposal Drop Box
Medication Disposal Drop Box
Dispose of your old medications safely and legally by using the Berks County Medication Disposal Drop Box located in the lobby of the Muhlenberg Township Municipal Building locate at 210 George Street, Reading PA 19605. Medications are collected in many forms including: tablet, liquid, ointment, inhaler, powder or patch.
The pharmaceutical/medication drop box disposal program will allows Berks County residents to discard unused or unwanted medication year round at secure locations.
This program provides numerous benefits to the community. :
- An opportunity to educate the community about the dangers these medications pose, if left unwanted in homes or improperly discarded.
- A positive connection between Berks County citizens, the township police departments, the Berks County District Attorney’s Office, the Council on Chemical Abuse, and Berks County Solid Waste Authority.
- A decrease of water contamination due to pharmaceutical medications being flushed down the drains in our homes, or contained in our landfills.
- A reduction of access to addictive medications for accidental or intentional misuse by children or others in the home.
Each drop box is securely placed and locked within a township municipal police building where it can be protected. These drop boxes resemble a United States Postal Service mailbox, whereas there is an open door to collect medications, but once dropped they cannot be retrieved. Each box will also have a separate locked entry for Berks County District Attorney Detectives to retrieve the discarded medications. Inventoried medications will be incinerated at the discretion of the Berks County District Attorney’s Detectives and Solid Waste Authority.
Other Berks County drop-off locations:
- Amity Twp. Police Department - 2004 Weavertown Road, Douglassville
- Bally Police Department - 425 Chestnut Street, Bally
- Bern Twp. Police Department - 1069 Old Bernville Road, Bern Twp.
- Bethel Twp. Police Department - 60 Klahr Road, Bethel
- Birdsboro Police Department - 200 East Main Street, Birdsboro
- Brecknock Twp. Police Department - 889 Alleghenyville Road, Mohnton
- Caernarvon Twp. Police Department - 3307 Main Street, Morgantown
- Central Berks Regional Police Department - 2147 Perkiomen Avenue, Mt. Penn
- Cumru Twp. Police Department - 1775 Welsh Road, Mohnton
- Berks County Detectives - Berks County AG Center, 1238 Welfare Road, Leesport
- Berks County Coroner’s Office - 1047 MacArthur Road, Suite 200, Reading
- Douglass Township Police Department - 1068 Douglass Drive, Boyertown19512
- Eastern Berks Regional Police Department - 16 W. Philadelphia Ave., Boyertown
- Exeter Twp. Police Department - 4975 DeMoss Road, Exeter
- Fleetwood Police Department - 110 West Arch Street, Fleetwood
- Hamburg Police Department - 61 North Third Street, Hamburg
- Kutztown Police Department - 45 Railroad Street, Kutztown
- Laureldale Police Department - 3406 Kutztown Road, Reading, PA 19605
- Muhlenberg Twp. Police Department - 210 George Street, Muhlenberg
- Penn State University Berks Campus - Perkins Student Center
- Reading Police Department - 815 Washington Street, Reading
- Shillington Police Department - 999 E. Broad Street, Shillington
- Sinking Spring Police Department - 3940 Penn Avenue, Sinking Spring
- South Heidelberg Police Department - 555A Mountain Home Road, Sinking Spring
- Spring Twp. Police Department - 2800 Shillington Road, Sinking Spring
- Tilden Township Police Department, 870 Hex Highway, Hamburg
- Tulpehocken Twp. Police Department - 22 Rehrersburg Road, Rehrersburg
- West Reading Police Department - 500 Chestnut Street, West Reading
- Wyomissing Police Department - 22 Reading Boulevard, Wyomissing