This office is responsible for interpreting and enforcing the Zoning Ordinance. This office reviews permit applications, conducts research to verify the zoning status of a given property, and responds to zoning-related complaints. The entire Muhlenberg Township Codebook, including Zoning, can be found online. To view the Zoning Districts of Muhlenberg Township, please use our interactive Zoning Map.
Zoning Permits are required before starting any of the following activities:
- Construction, creation, movement, placement or expansion of a structure, building or sign
- Change of the type of use or expansion of the use of a structure or area of land.
- Creation of a new use.
- Demolition of a building.
- Establishment of mineral extraction or an outdoor business storage area.
- Construction or expansion of a vehicle parking area.
- Increase the number of dwelling units
- Starting a home business
- Placing or building a shed
- Installing any pool
- Building a deck
Zoning Permits can be downloaded from our Forms & Document Page.