Brush, Tree & Shrub Drop Off Location
CURRENT BRUSH DROP OFF HOURS:
Residents & property owners of Muhlenberg Township only (proof such as driver’s license, tax bill, etc. is required) are permitted to bring their tree and shrub to the designated area on Reading Crest Avenue (click here for map/directions) right off Route 61. This program is for Muhlenberg Township residents only. Laureldale residents must contact Laureldale Borough to obtain information regarding their brush off location.
The area will be open the first and third Saturday of each month, April through November, between the hours of 9 a.m. and noon for disposal. Employees will verify residency and accept or reject all material.
A key fob is required for entry into the brush drop off area during any other time. Application for key fobs are available online and in our customer service department. There is a $10 deposit for the key fob which will be refunded when the FOB is returned. Key fobs are for residents and for twp. property owners only – this key fob is for yard waste collected from your property only. One key fob per property. There is an $10.00 replacement fee for lost/misplaced key fobs. The site will be accessible seven days a week from 8 am to 8pm for those who are issued a fob.
Brush Drop Off RULES:
- NO COMMERCIAL BUSINESS OR LANDSCAPE COMPANY DROP OFFS - NO EXCEPTIONS Residents are responsible for hauling their own brush and debris, no 3rd party drop offs will be accepted.
- For use by Muhlenberg Township residents - Laureldale residents must contact Laureldale Borough to obtain information regarding their brush off location.
- Place items in designated areas only
- No smoking
- No grass clippings
- Leaves, flower trimmings, garden trimmings, sticks, shrubbery clippings and tree trimmings only (no plastic bags)
- Tree limbs may be no longer that 10’ in length and 18" in diameter
- Tree stumps will be accepted, but root balls must have all dirt/rocks removed
- No trash or garbage (this includes plastic pots)
- No construction or demolition waste
- No painted, pressure treated wood, lumber, railroad ties or landscaping timbers
- Sod, dirt & rocks can be dropped off but not ON the main brush pile.